We know that mentor texts transform writing instruction. We also know that effectively studying and using mentor texts can be a challenge for students who do not have previous experience with them. In this four-part e-course, Allison and Rebekah will share
- A continuum of student mentor text work onto which you can place your students
- Hands-on scaffolds to help students read mentor texts more deeply by making the learning tangible.
- Ideas for how to introduce mentor texts to students and move them from visual mentor texts to entire articles.
- Strategies teachers can use in whole-class or small-group instruction to deepen reading-like-a-writer skills
- Strategies to support students' use of mentor texts in their own writing
Join us as we explore ways we can take students' mentor text skills to the next level!